Twitter / pixie_me

Sunday 16 May 2010

Entomatadas

Yes I took that picture and Yes I made those (with my mom's help) And Yes they tasted as delicious as they look.

Today was an unusual rainy day. It sucked. Big time... At least for me, because I don't like rainy days. Specially on Spring time.  The only thing that pulled me through was my coffee and this deliciously amazing Entomatadas I helped my mom make. While my dad ate some disgusting Machaca Burritos (Which is like, dry beef jerky with tomatos and other stuff...) my mom made me this healthy very mexican tranditional dish.  
As you can very well see, I did my weekend assigment and bought my pretty white dishes. YAY.  So from now on expect styled dishes. And pretty pics like this one, as well.

Good news!! Today, since, "La Seleccion" had a game with "Someotherteam" I had the entire morning for myself. And I spent it researching new easy recipes. And I have a pretty good idea of what I'll be making this week... So hopefully there will be more posts and more recipes soon.
Let's get to the recipe already!

VERY MEXICAN ENTOMATADAS.

As it is obvious... you need tomatos.
(Now since we had run out of tomatos, my mom and I had to use all the tomatos we had left
meaning, this recipe has: cherry tomato, Saladet Tomato, and the round normal one)
Basil.
Tortillas
(depending on how much entomatadas you want, the quantity you'll use)
Sour Cream.
Cheese (I use oaxaca cheese)
Chicken broth (again handydandy knor suiza)
Salt && Pepper.
Olive Oil.


This is how you do it:


1. Boil the tomatos and wait for them to get soft and wrinkled. About 15 minutes.
2. Place the tomatos in the blender and blend. If the sauce ends us too thick, feel free to add some water.
3. Add the chicken broth to the tomato mixture and add the Salt && Pepper to your taste.
4.  Meanwhile in a skillet pour some Olive oil and wait for it to heat up before placing the tortillas. Leaving them 1 minute on each side before serving.
5. Once the tortillas are served pour the sauce, the cheese and the sour cream on top.

AS EASY AS THAT!


Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment