Twitter / pixie_me

Thursday 20 May 2010

What is more delicious than fresh strawberries?? Strawberry Gelato of course!!!!

Do I hear your mouth water???

Second post of the day... can you tell I'm really digging this foodblog deal?
Okay so, yesterday I also bought strawberries, the only downside of it... is that I got to eat them like right away before they spoil, which, sometimes is easy and others a bit tricky.
I decided to use half on this icecream and the other half I'll probably use it on another icecream (I'm thinking strawberry-banana) and I also used some blackberries also known as boysenberries to make some kind of sauce-orsomething... 
Which is a fancy touch as you can see. 

Strawberry Icecream 
with Blackberry sauce.

2 cups of very ripe strawberries. 
1/8 cup of milk.
1/2 cup of sour cream. 
1/2 cup of natural yogurt. 
7 tablespoons of sugar or so... 

How you do it? 

1. Well first you mix the cream, yogurt and sugar. Meanwhile, use the blender to pure the strawberries (in order to make this easier also add the milk). 
  

2. You have to add the strawberry pure a little bit at the time so it blends in correctly. Once you have added the entire pure mix througfully until incorporated.

3. Freeze according to manufacter instructions.



To make the sauce-orsoemthing.

1 cup of very ripe blackberries. 
6 tablespoons of sugar. 
A fork.

1. In a previously frozen bowl pour the blackberries and sugar and crush them with a fork.
As much as you want...

aaaand

DONE!!



Okay, so if I know you and I like you and you want some... leave me a comment saying you want gelato and I swear I'll make you some!


No comments:

Post a Comment